Conference participants are responsible to make their own reservations.
To help with reservations we recommend the following hotels:
- We have reserved 15 rooms at Hotel Belvoir, which
is within a walking distance from the IBM Zurich lab (conference
site). The deadline for reservations is Sept 15, 2008.
- Downtown Zurich Hotel
Opera, is a 13 minutes foot walk to the regular city bus that
shuttles between downtown and the lab
- For the budget minded in downtown Zurich
- Hotel Leoneck -- requires taking a tram for about 4 or 5 stations and then a 15 minute foot walk to the bus.
- Hotel Europe -- a 12 minutes walk to the bus
Note that many downtown areas in Zurich have a regime, where only
local residents presenting a specific permit can park there without
limit. For all others there is a 90 minutes limit (enforced by fines and/or
tow-away zones), so not suited to leave a car during the day or
so. This is to prevent people from the suburbs flooding the city during
the day and rather convince them to park outside and take the
offered park-and-ride options instead (or leave the car at home
altogether). Moreover, the inner city has a rather confusing one-way
system, that can easily throw off non-locals.
Zurich has a pretty dense, good and reliable public transport system.
The city bus (#165) to the lab can be boarded at Bürkliplatz. Directions and timetables are available here
Please feel free to use other reservation tools such as
- Hotel Belvoir: should be no problem.
- Hotels Opera and Europe: tough and costly.
- Hotel Leoneck: forget it!
- IBM Research lab: very limited and discouraged